Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catholicism
 Catholic Homesteading / Living Simply
 Plain Catholics
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MiriamB
Formation

28 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  2:30:27 PM  Show Profile Send MiriamB a Private Message
Is anyone here a Plain Catholic? I found two links that refer to them and I am really interested in living this kind of life. I would like for us to simplify our lives and move farther out and get a farm. Here are the links
You must be logged in to see this link.

Blessings,
MiriamB

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Fiona
Formation

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  12:20:54 AM  Show Profile Send Fiona a Private Message
Miriam, the lady whose blog you're looking at also has a yahoo group for Plain Catholics or those seeking the Plain life. Many of them also adopt Plain clothing, in case you're interested...Fiona
Go to Top of Page

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  12:29:48 PM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Fiona

Miriam, the lady whose blog you're looking at also has a yahoo group for Plain Catholics or those seeking the Plain life. Many of them also adopt Plain clothing, in case you're interested...Fiona

Yup - Catholic Covered Plain and Crunchy unless they've modified the name. Even if you don't go so far as to dress plainly and cover all the time, they have a lot of "back to basics" advice that can be very useful. They area wonderful group of ladies. It's a women's only group, but here is the link: You must be logged in to see this link.

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

Dottie
Formation

31 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  02:49:27 AM  Show Profile Send Dottie a Private Message
Before I became Catholic I had the wonderful opportunity to live with the Mennonites. I wore a headcovering. Frankly I miss it, and was amazed that Catholics do not understand that the headcovering comes from the book of First Corinthians. Anyway I really miss those days. They are truely pleasant and sweet people of the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Here I am Lord
Formation

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  08:53:16 AM  Show Profile Send Here I am Lord a Private Message
The sites are interesting. I see many are moving toward a more simple lifestyle. More and more people downsizing, and not just because of the economics of the times, although that may have been the prompting. I'm all for it and am trying to get there myself.
Just my thoughts.

God Bless, Joan+
Go to Top of Page

MiriamB
Formation

28 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  2:15:01 PM  Show Profile Send MiriamB a Private Message
Hi everyone. I've been offline for awhile. We had a very busy year this year and had too many tomatoes to count! Lots of canning and stuff. Anyway thought I'd share a new link for Plain Catholics.
We have decided to do this because it is "us". We started dressing more plain last fall. Some of the ladies in our homeschool group liked the head coverings we are wearing (we wear the snoods). One lady got really snarky and nasty. She even said she emailed the Plain Catholic website and 'told them off'. So sad. She has since left our homeschool group. Persecution comes with praise sometimes.

Anyways our homeschool group has more time indoors now because of the weather and we have been working on knitting and sewing skills for the girls and the boys are working in the workshops with their dads learning basic carpentry.

Plain and Loving It!

Blessings,
MiriamB
Go to Top of Page

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  8:07:17 PM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
Very nice link, Miriam. Thank you for sharing.

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2