Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Pope and all things Vatican
 The Vatican, Cardinals & Bishops
 Abp Burke Appt to Head Vatican "Supreme Court"
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  2:42:05 PM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
Wonderful news for Abp Burke, but sad news for St. Louis, which loses a very good shepherd. Hopefully they will be blessed with another bishop of Abp Burke's caliber, though whoever the man is - he's gonna have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Archbishop Burke appointed to head Vatican ‘Supreme Court’

St. Louis, Jun 27, 2008 / 10:50 am (CNA).- Today the Holy Father appointed Archbishop Raymond Leo Burke as prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura. The archbishop, one of the leading experts of Canon law in the United States will leave the Archdiocese of St. Louis, Missouri to take up his new post in Rome near the end of August.

The appointment came on the same day that Pope Benedict named Cardinal Agostino Vallini, current prefect of the Supreme Tribunal, as the vicar general for the Diocese of Rome - the highest diocesan administrator. The position was previously held by Cardinal Camillo Ruini, whose resignation was accepted by Benedict XVI upon reaching the age of 75.

In a statement to the archdiocese, the archbishop admitted that he was deeply humbled at the new opportunity to serve the Church. “Although you will no longer pray for me as your archbishop, especially during the celebration of the Holy Mass, I ask your prayers for me, that I may faithfully and generously cooperate with God's grace in fulfilling my new responsibilities.”

You must be logged in to see this link.

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2