Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Pope and all things Vatican
 Pope ponders more Mass changes
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

959 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  6:15:38 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Pope ponders more Mass changes
Published: July 07, 2008Pope Benedict may be considering further changes to the order of the Mass, an Italian magazine suggests.

The weekly Panorama reports the Holy Father has asked the Congregation for Divine Worship to study the possibility of changes that would include using Latin in the Eucharistic Prayer and moving the Sign of Peace to the Offertory, Catholic World News says.

CWN cites the New Liturgical Movement website as bringing the Italian report to the attention of English speaking readers.

However, CWN warned that Panorama itself suggests only that the Pope has asked for a study of the proposals, not that he is prepared to implement the changes. It suggests the report should be treated "with great caution".

According to the Italian weekly, the Pope is weighing the use of Latin for the formula of Consecration at Mass. He may also be leaning toward the use of Latin in other sacraments.

Pope Benedict has often expressed a desire to enrich the post-conciliar liturgy by incorporating some aspects of older liturgical practices. The proposed changes could be seen as part of that process.

Grace Mizzi
You must be logged in to see this link.
Send Oh Lord Holy Apostles into your church“Christ has no body but yours, no hands butyours, no feet but yours.Yours are the eyes through which Christ’scompassion must look upon the world.Yours are the feet with which He is to go about
doing good.Yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.”St. Theresa of Avila

Google AdSense

Mountain View

Mary's Servant

233 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  6:22:11 PM  Show Profile Send RayL a Private Message
Good !! The Church needs more Latin, so that we can all be one Church again. Nothing is more frustrating than to get to a Mass and find out that it is in Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Polish, etc. Latin was, and hopefully will be again, a unifying factor among Catholics. Right now, with all of the different languages that Mass is said here in America, it is "Mass" confusion....Not to mention all of the wordsmithing that goes on in the translation process.

No Mary, no Jesus. Know Mary, know Jesus.
Go to Top of Page

81 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  12:58:24 AM  Show Profile Send avila a Private Message
Latin is another language that many are not familiar with too. But I do not object to it's use as we are the Latin Rite church.

What I loved was the entire congregation singing praises to the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, it brought me so close to God
Go to Top of Page

810 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  11:43:57 AM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
I can just hear the protests from the liberal, "Spirit of" crowd now...

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

Pro-life Sarah

653 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  7:26:15 PM  Show Profile Send Pro-life Sarah a Private Message
I for one would love to hear and see the "Old" Mass.... I've heard so many positive things from those who were once part of it.... but it would really help to have an English translation nearby! :)

Take Care and God Bless,

Please say one Hail Mary a day for the intentions all forum members
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2