Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catholicism
 Catholic Parenting & Education
 Germany Declares War on Home Schoolers
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  04:20:10 AM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
I think the following seems to sum this one up nicely:

[quote]Thornton believes Germany's war on homeschooling is just a part of Europe's war against Christianity.

The moral decay of Europe is just appalling...

Germany Declares War on Homeschoolers
By Dale Hurd
CBN News Senior Reporter
August 8, 2008

CBNNews.com - Nuremberg, GERMANY - It certainly looks as if the German government has declared open season on Germany's tiny homeschooling community.

CBN News was first to bring the story of Melissa Busekros to American television last year. The homeschooled teenager was snatched from her family by police in a SWAT style raid and put in a psychiatric ward. After an international uproar, Melissa was returned to her family.

But other homeschooling families face even worse persecution. More and more parents are being sent to prison. Heavy fines are leaving homeschooling families destitute. And more and more children have been taken into state custody.

You must be logged in to see this link.

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Ken G
Mary's Servant

123 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  7:52:55 PM  Show Profile Send Ken G a Private Message
Just wondering if the Muslim communities in Germany are actually sending their kids to these schools where "it's not just mixed swimming but mixed showering after the swim class is over and mixed locker rooms and then they leave and go to the next class."

Seems to me they wouldn't go for that kind of thing, either. Is it just Christians who homeschool who are being persecuted? And what are the Muslims who live in Germany doing? I just can't imagine them sending their kids to such a place.

In Jesus and Mary,
Ken G
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2