Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catholicism
 Catholic Marriage
 Husband is Wiccan
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tee
Mary's Servant

USA
140 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  08:35:15 AM  Show Profile Send Tee a Private Message
Ok, some of you may remember my dh, Matt, flip flops between catholicism and wicca. A very real problem in our family. One that has strained our relationship almost to the breaking point on more than one occassion. I need help. I would like to know what ideas any of you have or any prayers you can think of that may help all of us, and protect our children from his influence there. To his credit he doesn't practise or bring it into the house when he first flops, but over time it creeps in. I have struggled with witch craft in the past - I was a proud witch when I was younger, so there are areas that Satan uses to try to lure me back, and of course Matt is being used quite often to do this. I haven't gone back and the moment I realize I'm softening to his influence I run to a priest. Do NOT wanna go back to that. Anyway, any ideas on how to handle it, prayers you know that can help, or any advise at all would be greatly appreciated.
~Tee

"they must seek to fulfill their daily duties, that is as mothers and wives in an exemplary manner of holiness by pursuing the contemplative life in their homes..." ~ 3rd basic tenet of Apostolate of Holy Motherhood

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Pro-life Sarah

653 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  08:44:42 AM  Show Profile Send Pro-life Sarah a Private Message
Holy Water, Exorsized Salt, St. Michael Prayer (It's on my blog if you need it), and have a priest bless you, your children, and your home (knowing why you have asked for the blessing). I can order you some Exorsized Salt if you need it...come to think of it, I think I have some in my little shrine in my room. Send me an email with your address and I'll send it off to yoU!

Take Care and God Bless,
Sarah

Please say one Hail Mary a day for the intentions all forum members
Go to Top of Page

mariancatholichusbands
FORUM OWNER

79 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  10:37:14 PM  Show Profile Send mariancatholichusbands a Private Message
Wicca, and similar religions tend to attract young people [usually nominal "cradle" Christians] eager to embrace something "new" and "different", or "exotic", usually under the influence of like-minded peers, usually because they have had little or no spiritual formation at home, and hence vulnerable to the appeal of such ideas.

However, stopping Wicca would not be the same as say, "stopping" Protestant fundamentalism or evangelicalism, simply because as neo-pagans they will not accept purely scriptural/biblical arguments, and can thus be confronted only on a more philosophical level

how close are you to your priest my suggestion is to ask him to come to your place and have a mass said there, also it is a very old tradition to burn last years palms that you get from palm sunday and go around the house saying the St. Michael Prayer going to every window back and front door

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

go and purchase some ordinary salt I actually use rock salt and get the priest to bless it, if he is a good priest he always adds a pinch of salt to the holy water.

Talk to you soon,

Grace (yes I go by this id too) I am here I am there I am everywhere lol
Go to Top of Page

Tee
Mary's Servant

USA
140 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:15:15 AM  Show Profile Send Tee a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mariancatholichusbands

Wicca, and similar religions tend to attract young people [usually nominal "cradle" Christians] eager to embrace something "new" and "different", or "exotic", usually under the influence of like-minded peers, usually because they have had little or no spiritual formation at home, and hence vulnerable to the appeal of such ideas.

However, stopping Wicca would not be the same as say, "stopping" Protestant fundamentalism or evangelicalism, simply because as neo-pagans they will not accept purely scriptural/biblical arguments, and can thus be confronted only on a more philosophical level

how close are you to your priest my suggestion is to ask him to come to your place and have a mass said there, also it is a very old tradition to burn last years palms that you get from palm sunday and go around the house saying the St. Michael Prayer going to every window back and front door

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

go and purchase some ordinary salt I actually use rock salt and get the priest to bless it, if he is a good priest he always adds a pinch of salt to the holy water.

Talk to you soon,

Grace (yes I go by this id too) I am here I am there I am everywhere lol

Thanks mum, I really don't know why Matt is so attracted to it anymore. He knows better. I know our parish priest liked Matt alot, and he would possibly do it. I don't know for sure. If not I could ask a few other priests that we know. I hadn't heard of the burning of the palms before. I will give it a go.

Love you,
Tee

"they must seek to fulfill their daily duties, that is as mothers and wives in an exemplary manner of holiness by pursuing the contemplative life in their homes..." ~ 3rd basic tenet of Apostolate of Holy Motherhood
Go to Top of Page

JohnF
Mary's Servant

USA
428 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  3:29:09 PM  Show Profile Send JohnF a Private Message
When confronted with those who have given themselves to evil, I recommend skipping meals on Fridays, praying a few extra Rosaries, and invoking the holy angels — especially St. Michael. It will not only bring down the witches in full flight — it will also do your spiritual life a world of good.

Are Witches Real?
BY Father Dwight Longenecker
National Catholic Register

Aleister Crowley was an English witch. He reveled in his description as “the wickedest man in the world.” He was a shameless self publicist, a fraud and a charlatan, but he was also an educated, intelligent and willful diabolist.

He was indeed very wicked and was definitely involved in just about every kind of vile perversion, drug addiction and occult religious practice imaginable. He died in Hastings, on the south coast of England, in 1947.

In 1982 I moved to Bexhill-on-Sea, a town one step along the coast from Hastings. I was newly ordained as an Anglican priest and was heading to my first parish. Living just around the corner from the ancient parish church was a coven of witches whose leader claimed to be the successor of Aleister Crowley. The “witches” were well-known in the town. They lived in a kind of hippie commune, and their leader — a lecherous man in his 50s — frequented all the bars and pubs. Rumors abounded about their drug use, sexual immorality, corruption of young people and dark, occult practices.

As a young priest involved in the Christian youth work in the town, I came across several young people who had been involved with the coven of witches. One afternoon I witnessed an old priest deal successfully with what seemed to be demonic infestation of a 15-year-old girl who had been spending time with the witches. The stories the young people told were of seriously sick and genuinely horrifying attitudes and actions. More than once we had to deal with spiritual influences that were dark, destructive and demonic.

Are witches real? Of course they are. Are they skinny old women with green skin, pointy chins and warts on their noses, who cackle over cauldrons? Of course not. Do they attend an academy called “Hogwarts,” play a form of hockey on their broomsticks and battle mythical beasts? Is “Samantha,” a pretty middle-class suburban wife with magical powers and a gaggle of kooky and spooky family members, a witch? Of course not. All of that is an attempt to make us believe that there are not really such things as witches.

But there are. Witchcraft is alive and well in our modern, secular age. It has taken the name “Wicca” and claims an increasing number of adherents. Followers of Wicca profess to be modern pagans. They claim to draw on the powers of nature to heal people, foretell the future and put people in touch with their departed loved ones. The modern Wicca religion is descended from another British witch, Gerald Gardener, who, in the 1950s, synthesized various strands of ancient paganism into a new mish-mash kind of paganism.

Is there anything to it, or is it just a load of silly, New Age nonsense? Be assured that there is not only something to it, but something sinister. To put it bluntly, pagans worship the gods and goddesses of the ancient world. The early Christians understood quite clearly that the pagan gods and goddesses were demons. They understood that the pagan rites were sacrifices made to demons, and that through the pagan initiation rites devotees gave themselves to the demons and that as a result, the pagan worshippers were usually demon-possessed. That’s why the preparation for Christian baptism involved careful catechesis over a long period of time with numerous exorcisms.

Is it possible for modern people to summon up the ancient gods and goddesses and offer themselves to be infested by such spirits? Of course it is. C.S. Lewis commented on the foolishness of summoning up evil spirits, saying that if they were called we should not be surprised if they arrive on our doorsteps. Followers of Wicca are not benevolent New Agers who just happen to be vegetarian, sandal-wearing bearded weirdoes. Their religion follows ancient rites where they summon up the ancient gods and goddesses.

The 2001 census in the United States revealed 134,000 people who claim to follow the Wiccan religion. The numbers are doubtless far greater now. Not only are there more people involved in witchcraft than those who register formally, but because the movement is diffuse and secretive and sectarian, there are far more people involved in some form of occult practice than can be accurately numbered. In addition to those who are consciously involved in pagan witchcraft, there are a huge number of Americans who are involved in New Age behaviors that (while not openly identified as witchcraft) are nevertheless identical to occult practices.

If a person is involved in fortune telling of any kind, tarot cards, Ouija boards, séances, crystal healing, channeling, and astrology, they are involved in the occult. If they are involved in certain types of depth psychology, re-birthing, spiritualism, envisioning other lives, Native American spirituality, ecology spirituality and radical feminist theology, they are probably meddling with the occult as well. The vague attractiveness of the New Age movement as well as its spiritual danger is explained well in the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue’s document called “Jesus Christ, the Bearer of the Water of Life.” This official Church teaching outlines the danger of the New Age movement and lists the various (seemingly harmless) New Age practices that can lead true believers into the occult.

What did we do about the coven in the town where I was priest? A few members of the youth group and I fasted on Fridays. Within six months the coven had moved out of our geographical parish, and within the year they had moved out of the town altogether. I don’t know if it was our prayer and fasting that drove them out, but the Gospel says that a certain kind of demon only comes out through prayer and fasting.

Therefore, what is the best thing to do when confronted with someone involved in the occult? It might be right to confront them and show them what is wrong with their beliefs and practices, but that will probably not do much good. One of the symptoms of occult involvement is a kind of spiritual, moral and intellectual blindness. As St. Paul says in Romans 1:21, 24 “... their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.”

Instead, when confronted with those who have given themselves to evil, I recommend skipping meals on Fridays, praying a few extra Rosaries, and invoking the holy angels — especially St. Michael. It will not only bring down the witches in full flight — it will also do your spiritual life a world of good.

Father Dwight Longenecker is the chaplain of St. Joseph’s Catholic School, Greenville, South Carolina. He also serves on the staff of St. Mary’s, Greenville. His latest book is Praying the Rosary for Inner Healing. dwightlongenecker.com

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - JohnF on Oct 28 2008 3:33:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tee
Mary's Servant

USA
140 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  12:54:23 AM  Show Profile Send Tee a Private Message
Thank you soooo much for this John! It was enlightening, instructive, as well as comforting. I have a clearer understanding of what to do now. Confronting Matt has only ever driven him farther and farther into is, because he see's me as being narrow minded and ignorant when I do, and shuts down as a result. I have only ever confronted things like this head on and it wasn't working! lol So I got down hearted and pretty near gave up. This renews hope. Thank you.
~Tee

P.S. I have made a copy of this for my personal use. Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Tee
Mary's Servant

USA
140 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  12:56:14 AM  Show Profile Send Tee a Private Message
Grace and Sarah, ok you both mentioned salt, but I have no idea how to use it. I do sprinkle Holy Water through out the house at night after tucking the boys in now and again, and I have heard of Blessed Salt, but what do you do with it once you have it?
~Tee

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

959 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  03:09:20 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Salt, with its preservative properties, had always been treasured as precious 1 in the ancient world, and seen as a symbol of incorruption and wisdom. It's use was commanded by God --
Leviticus 2:13-14
Whatsoever sacrifice thou offerest, thou shalt season it with salt, neither shalt thou take away the salt of the covenant of thy God from thy sacrifice. In all thy oblations thou shalt offer salt. But if thou offer a gift of the firstfruits of thy corn to the Lord, of the ears
-- and it was seen by God, as recorded by Moses, to act as a symbol for that which can't corrupt:

Numbers 18:19
All the firstfruits of the sanctuary which the children of Israel offer to the Lord, I have given to thee and to thy sons and daughters, by a perpetual ordinance. It is a covenant of salt for ever before the Lord, to thee and to thy sons.
Its first recorded sacramental use was by Eliseus (Elisha) to restore waters of a well:

4 Kings 2:19-22
And the men of the city, said to Eliseus . Behold the situation of this city is very good, as thou, my lord, seest: but the waters are very bad, and the ground barren. And he said: Bring me a new vessel, and put salt into it. And when they had brought it, He went out to the spring of the waters, and cast the salt into it, and said: Thus saith the Lord: I have healed these waters, and there shall be no more in them death or barrenness. And the waters were healed unto this day, according to the word of Eliseus, which he spoke."
And, of course, there is Our Lord's calling His people "salt of the earth" and warning of salt that loses its savor (Matthew 5:13, Mark 9, Luke 14), and there is St. Paul's warning in Colossians 4:6 to "Let your speech be always in grace seasoned with salt: that you may know how you ought to answer every man."

Salt is now used sacramentally in two main ways in the Church.

First, in Baptisms: like the baptismal waters, salt is blessed and exorcised. Then it is put on the tongue of the catechumen during the Baptismal Rite.

Second, for use in the preparation of Holy Water and for the use of the faithful: regular salt is exorcised and blessed and is used in the preparation of Holy Water. It is also given to the faithful for their everyday use -- e.g., for use in cooking; for sprinkling around rooms, doorways and yards, to protect against evil, etc.

Because of its exorcism and blessing, it is a powerful sacramental in keeping away demons. To obtain blessed salt, just take ordinary salt to your priest and ask him to bless it.

Blessed salt is an instrument of grace to preserve one from the corruption of evil occurring as sin, sickness, demonic influence.

As in the case of all sacramentals, its power comes not from the sign itself, but by means of the Church's official (liturgical, not private) prayer of blessing -- a power the Church derives from Christ Himself. (see Matt. 16:19 and 18:18)

As the Vatican II document on the Liturgy states, both Sacraments and sacramentals sanctify us, not of themselves, but by power flowing from the redemptive act of Jesus, elicited by the Church's intercession to be directed through those external signs and elements. Hence sacramentals like blessed salt, holy water, medals, etc., are not to be used superstitiously as having self-contained power, but as 'focus points' funneling one's faith toward Jesus, just as a flag is used as a focus point of patriotism, or as handkerchiefs were used to focus faith for healing and deliverance (Acts 19:12).

Thus, used non-superstitiously, modest amounts of blessed salt may be sprinkled in one's bedroom, or across thresholds to prevent burglary, in cars for safety, etc. A few grains of blessed salt in drinking water or used in cooking or as food seasoning often bring astonishing spiritual and physical benefits. As with the use of Sacraments, much depends on the faith and devotion of the person using salt or any sacramental. This faith must be Jesus-centered, as was the faith of the blind man in John 9; he had faith in Jesus, not in the mud and spittle used by Jesus to heal him.

Blessed salt is not a new sacramental, but the Holy Spirit seems to be leading many to a new interest in its remarkable power as an instrument of grace and healing. Any amount of salt may be presented to a priest for his blessing using the following official prayer from the Roman Ritual:

"Almighty God, we ask you to bless this salt, as once you blessed the salt scattered over the water by the prophet Elisha. Wherever this salt (and water) is sprinkled, drive away the power of evil, and protect us always by the presence of your Holy Spirit. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen"

Blessed Oil and Salt: What the Catholic Church Says

According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "Sacramentals are instituted for the sanctification of certain ministries of the Church, certain states of life, a great variety of circumstances in Christian life, and the use of many things helpful to man. -- They always include a prayer, often accompanied by a specific sign, such as the laying on of hands, the sign of the cross, or the sprinkling of holy water." 1667

"Sacramentals derive from the baptismal priesthood: Every baptized person is called to be a "blessing," and to bless. (1 Pet. 3:9, Lk 6:28, Rom 12:14) Hence lay people may preside at certain blessings. -- Sacramentals do not confer the grace of the Holy Spirit in the way that the sacraments do, but by the Church's prayer, they prepare us to receive grace and dispose us to cooperate with it." 1669-70

"Among sacramentals blessings (of persons, meals, objects, and places) comes first. Every blessing praises God and prays for his gifts. In Christ, Christians are blessed by God the Father with every spiritual blessing. This is why the Church imparts blessings by invoking the name of Jesus, usually while making the holy sign of the cross of Christ." 1671

Basic information

Blessed oil and salt are sacramentals of the Catholic Church for use by lay people as they minister to others through prayer. Lay people bless with oil; priests, and only priests, anoint with oil.

The power in the oil and salt comes from the redemptive acts of Jesus through His Passion, Death, and Resurrection. That power is elicited by prayers of intercession, and is then directed through the external signs of oil and salt. Neither sacramental should be used superstitiously as having self-contained power, but in combination with prayer. The sacramentals are focus points, funneling one's faith toward Jesus, like a flag is a focus for patriotism.

A priest may use the official prayer from the Roman Ritual to bless oil and salt for lay people.

How to use blessed salt

Blessed salt can be sprinkled in one's home, across thresholds and windowsills, around property lines, in cars, school lockers or work sites. It can be used on food, or while cooking.

As you spread the salt pray for the Lord's blessing and protection. The faith of the person using the salt must be Jesus-centered, like the faith of the blind man in John 9; his faith was in Jesus, not in the mud and spittle Jesus used to heal him.

Blessed salt is not a new sacramental, but there is new interest in it as an instrument of grace and healing.

I would suggest that next time Matt comes home you prepare him his meals with Blessed salt in cooking you will see astonishing spiritual & physical difference in him

Any amount of salt may be presented to a priest for his blessing, using the following official prayer from the Roman Ritual:

Almighty God, we ask you to bless this salt, as once you blessed the salt scattered over the water by the prophet Elisha. Wherever this salt (and water) is sprinkled, drive away the power of evil, and protect us always by the presence of your Holy Spirit. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

maybe you can print the prayer and give it to the priest just in case he doesnt have it.

Grace Mizzi
Send Oh Lord Holy Apostles into your churchChrist has no body but yours, no hands butyours, no feet but yours.Yours are the eyes through which Christscompassion must look upon the world.Yours are the feet with which He is to go about
doing good.Yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.St. Theresa of Avila
Go to Top of Page

Tee
Mary's Servant

USA
140 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  08:43:33 AM  Show Profile Send Tee a Private Message
When I saw it could be used in cooking, I grinned big. LOL You know I LOVE to cook! So maybe my whole family this Thanksgiving will be a little better off than just being stuffed tighter than the turkey! LOL OOOOOHHHHHH how the mind is working!
~Tee

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

959 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  4:26:06 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Knew you would like it,
but seriously when my uncle came to my place just before he was going to have an operation for his stomach, I added some blessed salt in the meal that I was preparing and when he went to the doctor the following day to prepare for the op, they couldnt find anything there so it is also great for healing if it is used with faith.

Grace

Grace Mizzi
Send Oh Lord Holy Apostles into your churchChrist has no body but yours, no hands butyours, no feet but yours.Yours are the eyes through which Christscompassion must look upon the world.Yours are the feet with which He is to go about
doing good.Yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.St. Theresa of Avila
Go to Top of Page

Pro-life Sarah

653 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  2:17:29 PM  Show Profile Send Pro-life Sarah a Private Message
I've sprinkled it around my home and property to help form a mantle of protection. It is very powerful. I'm not back in Delmar yet, but when I am, I'll get working on sending you some.

Take Care and God Bless,
Sarah

Please say one Hail Mary a day for the intentions all forum members
Go to Top of Page

BARBAQUED
Mary's Servant

USA
454 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  3:18:26 PM  Show Profile Send BARBAQUED a Private Message
This is an awful situation. You cannot have one foot in hell and the other in heaven. Pray the Lord protects you and guides you, put on the armor of God every day. Woe be the husband who harms his wife or leads her away from the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Tee
Mary's Servant

USA
140 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  5:42:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tee a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BARBAQUED

This is an awful situation. You cannot have one foot in hell and the other in heaven. Pray the Lord protects you and guides you, put on the armor of God every day. Woe be the husband who harms his wife or leads her away from the Lord.

Yes it is aweful, but my husband isn't responsible for my soul. I am. My concern is for the kids and the influence there. We are back in church, I am working doing the Dave Ramsey Financial University while the boys are in CCD, and we have the support and friendship of many of the people in our church, as well priests and friends that attend other catholic church's in our area. I do need to pray more for my children. I love my husband dearly, but please don't think for a minute that he will ever have control over my fate. He may make it difficult, he may make it miserable at times, but my soul is mine, and I told him before we married that I will let him go before I ever let go of God. I have been tempted I won't lie, but with him flip flopping as much as he has, it's just made my walk that much firmer with God each time as I know it can't be something he truly is commited to. You don't leave what you love. I haven't left God, I haven't left Matt. I won't but I won't cry if he decides to go on his own for my sake, it will be for the financial crisis it would put me in immedietly with two kids. I have been beaten up, I have been cussed and cursed, (not by Matt)and while Matt is the love of my life, he is NOT my life. He knows this and is ok with it. We talk about it all the time. I think maybe I just needed to remember that. LOL I can let my emotions carry me away sometimes. I did that here again, but I'm on the mend. :)

~Tee

Edited by - Tee on Nov 04 2008 5:45:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

avila
Postulant

USA
81 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  9:12:14 PM  Show Profile Send avila a Private Message
And yes, intercede on behalf of your entire family that they be saved from the fires of hell and may all die in a state of grace.

I have come to use blessed salt and healing oil, my faith has grown. I can see now looking back that much of what I suffered involved demonic forces.
Go to Top of Page

BARBAQUED
Mary's Servant

USA
454 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  5:04:59 PM  Show Profile Send BARBAQUED a Private Message
Tee, you cannot serve satan and God. The Lord commands you to be obedient to your husband. The Lord commands your husband to be obedient to Him. Your husband will answer to the Lord and you will be held blameless because you are obedient to your husband. Do understand what eternal life is?
Go to Top of Page

Tee
Mary's Servant

USA
140 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  10:09:11 AM  Show Profile Send Tee a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BARBAQUED

Tee, you cannot serve satan and God. The Lord commands you to be obedient to your husband. The Lord commands your husband to be obedient to Him. Your husband will answer to the Lord and you will be held blameless because you are obedient to your husband. Do understand what eternal life is?

***I have deleted my response as I had read wrong. I usually try to revisit a topic that has upset me as I tend to put my foot in my mouth if I don't. As I did in this case. I was dead tired and COMPLETELY missed what was actually being said. Again I am so sorry.***
~Tee

Edited by - Tee on Nov 12 2008 08:57:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2