Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catholicism
 Catholic Marriage
 Sex
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BARBAQUED
Mary's Servant

USA
454 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  9:10:28 PM  Show Profile Send BARBAQUED a Private Message
I was playing golf today and my partner asked me if I wanted the pin left in or taken out. I was still off the green so I asked him to leave it in. To which he replied ok we'll make it Catholic .

I have been meditating on pro-life issues for a while now and contimplating why we as Catholics are forbidden from practicing birth control. In his book Swear to God, Scott Hahn writes "Sexual union within marriage, then, is an oath in action, a liturgical event, it is also a sign of somthing devine." He also quotes JP II " contraception is a lie in the language of love"

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

n/a
deleted

959 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  3:23:24 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Have you ever read JOHN PAUL II'S THEOLOGY OF THE BODY it is wonderful he covers everything.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Grace Mizzi
You must be logged in to see this link.
Send Oh Lord Holy Apostles into your church“Christ has no body but yours, no hands butyours, no feet but yours.Yours are the eyes through which Christ’scompassion must look upon the world.Yours are the feet with which He is to go about
doing good.Yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.”St. Theresa of Avila
Go to Top of Page

BARBAQUED
Mary's Servant

USA
454 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  5:35:20 PM  Show Profile Send BARBAQUED a Private Message
From How to Change Your Husband: “The most sacred part of the home is the marriage bed. It is to be a revered point in the home of the husband and wife. It symbolizes their boardroom in which many decisions of their life will be made, both said and unsaid. It is where their children’s roots come from, a place where they will become one. It is a place where a mother and father will kneel to pray. The bed is a sacred place. It is the sign “the symbol” of love.” In 1988, Marija (one of the six visionaries of Medjugorje) need to come to the United States for the purpose of donating a kidney to her brother. The visit was to last for three months. During her first night Marija was prompted to place the crucifix she brought from home over her bed. Over the next three months our Blessed Mother appeared over the couple’s bed.
In another posting on this site a husband wrote to talk about how his wife led him to an exercise routine and that being physical fit led to a better sex life. I started this topic because of what has led to a better and fuller life, including sex, between my wife and me through a deeper commitment to Christ. Most of what we read about sex is what we shouldn’t do. How about joining me in a celebration of the marital sacrament by posting positive, edifying articles to strengthen and support the family. Dr. Scott Hahn (professor at Steubenville University) calls sex in the context of marriage, a little glimpse of heaven.
Go to Top of Page

Pro-life Sarah

653 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  6:54:09 PM  Show Profile Send Pro-life Sarah a Private Message
I would love to join you, but quite honestly, as a survivor of an attempted rape, I find sex very difficult - and not because of the emotional recall of what happened but the actual physical response my body has to things that are supposed to be lovely.... a learned physical response from a bad situation that won't "unlearn" despite the safety of my husband. I will read with an open mind whatever is posted, but I must admit, sometimes I wonder what God was thinking in this area. :(

Take Care and God Bless,
Sarah

Please say one Hail Mary a day for the intentions all forum members
Go to Top of Page

BARBAQUED
Mary's Servant

USA
454 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  12:39:42 PM  Show Profile Send BARBAQUED a Private Message
Sarah
Sorry I didn’t reply sooner, I was somewhat taken aback by your reply and I needed time to think how I would reply. What a terrible tragedy to suffer. I’m sure you have had some therapy and counseling after such an attack. I wonder if you have had an opportunity to seek the Lords help through the Sacrament of healing, or through the careful guidance of a prayer minister. We are one being Spirit, mind and body. The Lord loves you and wants to heal you. My prayers are with you and may the Lord continue to strengthen you and bless you.
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Formation

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  03:40:46 AM  Show Profile Send Doc a Private Message
Christopher West drives me nuts...I can't put my finger on it, but whatever Theology of the Body is about (and I still cannot grasp it), West turns me off. I'm sure he's probably a great guy BUT...

Doc

Jesus, I Trust in You.
Go to Top of Page

RayL
Mary's Servant

USA
233 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  10:13:50 PM  Show Profile Send RayL a Private Message
Every time it seems, that artificial birth control has been introduced into a country, abortion soon followed. In the USA, the pill came about in 1966, and abortion was legalized by the SCOTUS in 1973. It's the same in all countries. Once you separate the procreative act from the pleasure act, the pleasure act always seems to take over, and someone has to die, namely, the innocent baby.

No Mary, no Jesus. Know Mary, know Jesus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2