Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catholicism
 Heaven, Hell & Purgatory
 The Rapture
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

RayL
Mary's Servant

USA
233 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  2:57:41 PM  Show Profile Send RayL a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

The Rapture has inspired a whole series of fictional books called the “Left Behind” series. In it, the saved are “raptured” into heaven, while the unsaved are left behind to fend for themselves on earth. The rapture is a mysterious disappearance of people, who leave their clothes here on earth. Cars which were driven by the saved are left unmanned. The folks left behind are in a quandary as to what happened. A great tribulation then comes upon the earth, and the anti-christ makes his appearance. The ones left behind then get a second chance at salvation, if they can withstand the forces of the world-uniting anti-christ. Then Jesus returns again to defeat the antichrist.

None of this, except for the overall premise of a rapture is biblical. Why? Well for starters, the Bible says in Revelation 1:7:

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

In the Left Behind series, no eye sees Jesus. Everyone left behind

No Mary, no Jesus. Know Mary, know Jesus.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2008 :  05:36:40 AM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
So, I'm curious if you plan on going into more detail on this or just leaving it as is...for example - the history of how this teaching came into existence - the differing belief groups such as postmillenialism vs amillenialism vs premillenialism and the errors of each of those teachings? The Left Behind series could almost be its own thread just on the anti-Catholic themes prevalent throughout the series.

Anyways - just my two cents...

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

RayL
Mary's Servant

USA
233 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  10:42:47 PM  Show Profile Send RayL a Private Message
Denise - As I understand it, some English Prot named Darby came up with this Left Behind stuff in the 19th Century. LaHeye, the author of the Left Behind series, took it and ran with it. I understand LaHeye has some ties to the Reverend Sun Yung Moon, so I wouldn't really believe anything he says about the Bible.

It's amazing how many people think that what they read in those books is biblical, when it's clearly not.

No Mary, no Jesus. Know Mary, know Jesus.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2