Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Pope and all things Vatican
 THE POPE & PAPACY
 Petition supports the Pope
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevhep
Mary's Servant

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  04:17:34 AM  Show Profile Send stevhep a Private Message
Independent Catholic News reports You must be logged in to see this link.
quote:
A number of Catholic organisations have started a worldwide petition in support of Pope Benedict this week. They include: The Latin Mass Society of England and Wales, Una Voce, Catholique and Apologetica. To sign the letter, which will be sent to the Holy Father, see:

You must be logged in to see this link.

The petition itself says among other things
quote:
We wish, by affixing our signature to this letter and indicating our age and the number of our children to say to You that with You, we want to build Christendom for the generations which will follow us, hoping wholeheartedly that future Christians will be self-confident and will proclaim to all the World the Credo.

So, in a spirit of filial respect, we bring You our support and our daily prayers for the pursuit of Your Pontificate, that God's Church will may emerge increased by it.

Before all things and above all things,
care must be taken of the sick,
so that they will be served as if they were Christ in person;
for He Himself said, "I was sick, and you visited Me" and, "What you did for one of these least ones, you did for Me"

St Benedict

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Pro-life Sarah

653 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  1:21:00 PM  Show Profile Send Pro-life Sarah a Private Message
Interesting....You know, it's sad that this is even needed. But so far there are just about double the number of children as there are people signing. That's nice to see....

Take Care and God Bless,
Sarah

Please say one Hail Mary a day for the intentions all forum members

Edited by - Pro-life Sarah on Feb 06 2009 1:22:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

GScheid
Mary's Servant

USA
407 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:20:00 AM  Show Profile Send GScheid a Private Message
We heard from a few Bishops (US) before election about who to vote for in the election (not the pro-Abortion guy). Some were strong in saying if you vote for this guy you may want to start thinking about eternal damnation. But where are the voices/ direction now? Burke perked up this week to re-utter denying pro-Abortion people with Communion. Is he the only one? What does the Holy Father have to say?

Gerry

Keep Christ in Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

stevhep
Mary's Servant

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  12:32:59 PM  Show Profile Send stevhep a Private Message
A rival petition has been launched by the "other wing" of the Church

quote:
A return to full communion with the Catholic Church can only be made possible if the decisions of the Second Vatican Council are accepted without any reservations, as requested by the motu proprio “Summorum Pontificum” on the topic of the Tridentine rite.

The Church of Rome, perceived as the Barque of St Peter, lists heavily as long as the Vatican:

· only rehabilitates the “lost sheep” at the traditionalist edge of the Church, and makes no similar offer to other excommunicated Catholics

· persists in preventing progressive theologians from teaching

· refuses dialogue with all movements in the Church

This seems to be mostly from German speaking Church circles which is interesting given the Holy Fathers national origins.

for He Himself said, "I was sick, and you visited Me" and, "What you did for one of these least ones, you did for Me"

St Benedict
Go to Top of Page

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  2:41:23 PM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GScheid

We heard from a few Bishops (US) before election about who to vote for in the election (not the pro-Abortion guy). Some were strong in saying if you vote for this guy you may want to start thinking about eternal damnation. But where are the voices/ direction now? Burke perked up this week to re-utter denying pro-Abortion people with Communion. Is he the only one? What does the Holy Father have to say?

Gerry

Keep Christ in Christmas!

Archbishop Chaput has also been consistently speaking out. He was in Ireland this past weekend, and gave at least one speech regarding life issues.

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  2:48:29 PM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by stevhep

A rival petition has been launched by the "other wing" of the Church

quote:
A return to full communion with the Catholic Church can only be made possible if the decisions of the Second Vatican Council are accepted without any reservations, as requested by the motu proprio “Summorum Pontificum” on the topic of the Tridentine rite.

The Church of Rome, perceived as the Barque of St Peter, lists heavily as long as the Vatican:

· only rehabilitates the “lost sheep” at the traditionalist edge of the Church, and makes no similar offer to other excommunicated Catholics

· persists in preventing progressive theologians from teaching

· refuses dialogue with all movements in the Church

This seems to be mostly from German speaking Church circles which is interesting given the Holy Fathers national origins.

St Benedict

I wonder if they can back up their claims with conclusive proof the Vatican does not reach out to all excommunicated Catholics, or if the reality is they do not see the full picture because doing so would not suit their agenda? Most of the liberal dissenters seem to feel the Church needs to bend to their will, not them to the teachings of the Church. Yes, the conservatives who have been excommunicated do the same, but the conservatives are usually not trying quite as hard to change doctrine to get it to include things it will never include - like abortion. That doesn't quite say what I am wanting to say, but I think it comes close.

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

Pro-life Sarah

653 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  09:15:04 AM  Show Profile Send Pro-life Sarah a Private Message
Unfortunately, I think I agree that it is because they want the church to change to fit their needs and not to see the truth. But the truth is within the objective moral law and never changes.... so why would the church change to falsehoods to appease some members? or former members? Political nations have done that through the ages and we've seen the results.... actually, we suffer from them now....

Take Care and God Bless,
Sarah

Please say one Hail Mary a day for the intentions all forum members
Go to Top of Page

Antonio A
Maryhead

826 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  9:39:19 PM  Show Profile Send Antonio A a Private Message
Pro Life Sarah, Gscheid, Stevhep, Denise Lawson, Stormy. Do you all want to pray for the Holy Father? We need to.

The crucial test for the pontificate of Benedict XVI

Phil Lawler, February 17, 2009

Church historians will look back upon the early months of 2009 as the crucial test of this pontificate. Four years after he assumed the throne of St. Peter, Pope Benedict has run into a solid wall of resistance to his pastoral plans. That resistance is evident not only in the secular world but also within the Church (especially in Europe) and even inside the Vatican. The Holy Father's response to this challenge will define the remainder of his papacy.

The late Pope John Paul II defined his mission-- first as Archbishop Krakow, then as Bishop of Rome-- to lead the Church to the full implementation of the teachings of Vatican II. When he was elected to succeed the beloved Polish Pontiff, the former Cardinal Ratzinger embraced the same mission, while adding his own distinct perspective. The message of Vatican II, Pope Benedict insisted, must be interpreted using a "hermeneutic of continuity," recognizing that the Council was not a radical break from enduring Catholic tradition.

During his years as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Cardinal Ratzinger had often been depicted as a stern authoritarian. That image did not fit the man, and when he became Pope the world saw the real Benedict XVI: a gentle, humble, scholarly man, with a strong preference for collegial governance and an extraordinary willingness to hear opposing arguments. This was not the cartoonish Panzerkardinal his critics had depicted. Although he could not match the personal charisma and "stage presence" that John Paul II enjoyed, Benedict XVI proved remarkably popular.

Nevertheless, the Pope's enemies always knew where he stood. Disaffected clerics and dissenting theologians-- those who espoused the "hermeneutic of rupture" that the new Pope condemned-- waited nervously for Benedict to make his move. If the man they had mocked as "God's Rottweiler" ever threatened their positions, they were ready to mount the resistance.

In 2007, when Pope Benedict issued Summorum Pontificum, reviving universal access to the traditional Latin liturgy, the resistance became palpable. Liturgists, theologians, and bishops-- even the entire French bishops' conference-- lobbied openly to dissuade the Pope from releasing his motu proprio. When the document was promulgated over their objections, many bishops issued their own diocesan guidelines, clearly at variance with the Pope's orders, restricting the use of the traditional liturgy. Still, this was a quiet form of resistance; the bishops who effectively forbade celebration of the traditional Latin Mass still claimed to be following the Pope's orders.

In January, when the Pope lifted the excommunications of four bishops from the traditionalist Society of St. Pius X (SSPX), the resistance burst out into the open. The traditionalist order broke with Rome because of disagreements over the work of the Second Vatican Council. Pope Benedict has made it clear that the teachings of Vatican II will not be rescinded, but there is room for discussion about the proper interpretation of those teachings, and he was ready to engage the SSPX in that discussion, confident that the entire Church could benefit from a lively debate. But any plans for such a discussion were quickly submerged beneath the avalanche of criticism set off by Bishop Richard Williamson's ugly anti-Semitic remarks, and now the debate Pope Benedict hoped to begin seems even less remote than it was a month ago. Indeed there are conspiracy theorists on both sides of the Catholic theological spectrum who suspect that the furor was deliberately instigated, in an effort to scuttle the Pontiff's plan.

Whether or not it was a conspiracy, there can be no doubt that the Vatican bureaucracy fumbled the announcement of Pope Benedict's bid for reconciliation with the SSPX. Nor could there be much doubt that conflicts within the Roman Curia were reaching a critical mass. Influential prelates were more or less openly blaming each other for the debacle; there were credible reports of angry shouting confrontations between curial cardinals.

Suddenly, the pontificate of Benedict XVI appeared vulnerable. And at this strategic moment the Vatican announced the appointment of a controversial conservative priest to become auxiliary bishop of Linz, Austria.

Ordinarily the appointment of an auxiliary bishop is a routine move, which secular media outlets ignore. An auxiliary bishop has very little control over Church policy, after all. But the Pope's selection of Father Gerhard Maria Wagner outraged Austria's liberal clerics-- and since liberals dominate the Austrian clergy, their voices could not be dismissed. Now the emboldened resistance began issuing demands. Father Wagner should not be ordained a bishop, said the most influential Catholic priests of Austria. Soon the entire Austrian hierarchy-- meeting under the aegis of no less an authority than Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, the Archbishop of Vienna, the former student of Professor Ratzinger, the general editor of the Catechism of the Catholic Church-- had joined in open criticism of the papal appointment. Father Wagner had asked the Pope to withdraw his nomination. And the Pope had agreed.

So now let's take stock of the situation. In Austria-- a country where dissident Catholics have nearly seized control of the Church-- a papal appointment has been rejected. At the Vatican, there is open feuding among the leaders of the Roman Curia. In the mass media there is a steady drumbeat of criticism of Pope Benedict and his policies.

This, I repeat, is the decisive hour of this pontificate. If there was ever a time to pray for the Pope, this is it!

Antonio A. Obregón

Edited by - Antonio A on Feb 19 2009 9:40:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

stevhep
Mary's Servant

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  11:53:15 PM  Show Profile Send stevhep a Private Message
I invoke the prayers of Mary Immaculate on behalf of the Holy Father. His position clearly stands as do the documents of Vatican II on the continuous belief's of the Catholic Church. Both those who resist the Council and those who insist on some "spirit of Vatican II" in opposition to the Holy Spirit who actually guided it are in error. The Council did not desire to encourage the liturgical and theological experimentation that has gone on supposedly in its name and the Holy Father is perfectly right to reign it in. Equally though one does not strengthen his position by seeking to undermine those things the Council does authorise.Essentially the Catholicism of the Catechism of the Catholic Church is the Catholicism of Catholics and everything else is not.

St Benedict
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2