Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Pope and all things Vatican
 The Vatican, Cardinals & Bishops
 Bishop Martino
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Antonio A
Maryhead

826 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  4:17:22 PM  Show Profile Send Antonio A a Private Message
Frankly, I am surprised no one is dealing with this issue. The progressive crowd in our Church can't hide their feelings of joy because we lost a great defender of human life, but I'm still puzzled as to why Rome seems to have accepted his resignation. Is this a signal from Rome to folks like the new Archbishop of New York and to Chaput to shut up and allow the progressive forces of this country to continue their hypocrisy that says "yes" to Rome even though they work full time to undermine Holy Mother Church? If so, why?

Here is an article that might clarify the situation or raise more questions,

Catholic World News (CWN)
Feature Stories
Bishop Martino's departure: did he jump or was he pushed?
Sep. 1, 2009 (CWNews.com) -

Did he jump or was he pushed?

That's the easy question. Bishop Joseph Martino was pushed into resignation at the age of 63. No intelligent observer can credit the official explanation: that Bishop Martino retired because of health problems. The outgoing bishop openly acknowledged to reporters that he "clearly" was not suffering from any grave illness.

Clearly Bishop Martino was under a great deal of pressure, and therefore it is not difficult to believe that he suffered from insomnia and fatigue: the only medical complaints that were mentioned in the press conference announcing his departure. But while those are serious problems, they are not ordinarily serious enough to compel a motivated leader to resign. And even if insomnia had risen to the level of a serious medical problem, the question remains: Why was the bishop under so much pressure-- the sort of pressure that could give rise to such serious problems?

You must be logged in to see this link.

Antonio A. Obregón

Edited by - Antonio A on Sep 13 2009 4:21:04 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  11:13:19 AM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
Well - this is the first I've heard of documented questioning of the man's resignation, though I must admit the thought crossed my mind when I heard of his resignation that something about it just wasn't right. It was too sudden, for one thing, but something about it just didn't "feel" right, for lack of a better description.

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

Antonio A
Maryhead

826 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  12:36:18 AM  Show Profile Send Antonio A a Private Message
Hi DeniseLawson,

"Well - this is the first I've heard of documented questioning of the man's resignation, though I must admit the thought crossed my mind when I heard of his resignation that something about it just wasn't right. It was too sudden, for one thing, but something about it just didn't "feel" right, for lack of a better description."

I'm still bewildered by what happened and even more bewildered now that no one seems to be talking about it as if his resignation did not mean anything.

On another topic, did you see "The 13th Day?" and what do you think about the European Court telling Europe to get rid of its crucifixes. At least in Spain and Italy the response to the Court has been negative and the bishops are speaking out forcefully on this issue.

And what about the Dominican nun running around "defending" abortion rights?

Antonio A. Obregón
Go to Top of Page

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  09:58:29 AM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
I'm of the opinion the European Union is a joke - it is Europe's failed attempt to remain relevant and regain the political clout it once had in the world but has long since lost.

That aside - Europe has brought this situation on itself. Sadly - America, if we're not careful - is heading down the same path right behind them. The best move Italy - the focus of this suit - can make in this situation would be to tell the EU to take a flying leap and go on about its business.

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

Antonio A
Maryhead

826 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  2:20:11 PM  Show Profile Send Antonio A a Private Message
Hi DeniseLawson,

"I'm of the opinion the European Union is a joke - it is Europe's failed attempt to remain relevant and regain the political clout it once had in the world but has long since lost."

What is unbelievable is the fact that the Europeans take it seriously just as they are undermining the concept of sovereignity.

That aside - Europe has brought this situation on itself. Sadly - America, if we're not careful - is heading down the same path right behind them. The best move Italy - the focus of this suit - can make in this situation would be to tell the EU to take a flying leap and go on about its business.

Well, look at this President, paralized by fear in Afghanistan and almost apologizing to Europe and the world for governing a world power.

Antonio A. Obregón
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.82 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2