Marian Catholic Family Forum
Marian Catholic Family Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Pope and all things Vatican
 Church Documents
 EMHC training
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

GScheid
Mary's Servant

USA
407 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  6:25:23 PM  Show Profile Send GScheid a Private Message
I went to a EMHC--I guess HC takes the place for E=Eucharist now? Anyway a diocesan priest did the lecture and overall it was very good but mentioned a couple of things I didnt think was correct. One being you could just take the Precious Blood instead of the Precious Body? He did mention both species was the best.

Since Christ is sacramentally present under each of the species, communion under the species of bread alone makes it possible to receive all the fruit of Eucharistic grace. For pastoral reasons this manner of receiving communion has been legitimately established as the most common form in the Latin rite. But "the sign of communion is more complete when given under both kinds, since in that form the sign of the Eucharistic meal appears more clearly."225 This is the usual form of receiving communion in the Eastern rites.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

DeniseLawson

USA
810 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  11:10:29 AM  Show Profile Send DeniseLawson a Private Message
It is possible to receive just the cup, but if memory serves - without doing the actual research to dig it up - the exceptions are granted only in cases of gluten intolerance, such as Celiacs disease. There is also available for use low-gluten hosts, but some folks can't tolerate even those. They are the ones for whom the provision of receiving from the cup only would apply.

------------------------
Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like yours.
Go to Top of Page

GScheid
Mary's Servant

USA
407 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  11:22:19 AM  Show Profile Send GScheid a Private Message
It makes sense just never heard that one. It looks like now many churches are doing away with the Precious Blood due to H1N1 and other diseases of the day--but I cant see how the Precious Blood could ever be anything but good for you?
Go to Top of Page

GScheid
Mary's Servant

USA
407 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  6:21:10 PM  Show Profile Send GScheid a Private Message
Yes, Gerry,

This happens when the person is allergic to wheat and therefore cannot receive the body Christ; in such case the person can receive only the blood of Christ. Besides as you read 1390 carefully, it says “Christ is sacramentally present under each of the species” what does that tell you? The fact that because of “pastoral reasons this manner of receiving communion [the body of Christ alone] has been legitimately established as the most common form in the Latin rite” does not mean this is the only form or “the sign of communion more complete” It just happen to be way that became legitimately established! The point I that made was only the fact that “Christ is sacramentally present under each of the species” and therefore the Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion must be constantly aware of this. So if the faithful would choose to receive only the blood of Christ for Holy Communion that person would still be receiving “all the fruit of Eucharistic grace.”

I hope clarifies your confusion!

In Christ

Fr Jose

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Marian Catholic Family Forum © 2000-2008 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2